Workflow Enhancer for Jira not supported in Jira 8.0

Michał Wesołowski March 15, 2019

Hi!

For a quite some time we were using your addon in our Jira instance. As I can see now, it is not supported any more.

With the new release of Jira 8.0, we are kinda blocked now and can not update our application. It is due to the number of workflows using your plugin. If we turn it of, it practically paralyzes the transition of issues in multiple projects. If we update Jira, I guess it would work, but due to safety reasons we don't want to do this.

I was wondering if you have some suggestions how could we deal with this situation. We wanted to get rid of the plugin, but that means we need to go through all of the workflows using it and change post functions, validations, etc.

In our DB there is a table: jiraworkflows, where we can look for functions being used. Maybe you have a list of all functions that your plugin is using, so we can track to-be-updated workflows and change it?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michał Wesołowski March 19, 2019

For anyone who may need this info, I received an email from creators of the plugin. 

In short: they have created the plugin in their spare time, and as such they continue working on it. That is why they have labeled it as "unsuporrted", since they are unable to guarantee any respond time. 

They will update the plugin so it is compatible with Jira 8.0, but the date is unknown.

If I want to delete the plugin, i should look in the source code 3 classes:

* com.tng.jira.workflowenhancer.condition.UniveralCondition
* com.tng.jira.workflowenhancer.validation.UniversalValidator
* com.tng.jira.workflowenhancer.postfunction.UniveralPostfunction

They also suggested, if anyone wants to work on issues, to contact them and support plugin development. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hi @Michał Wesołowski ,

Isn't compatible officially (on Marketplace) or not working and causing issues on Jira 8.x?

The reason why I am asking is that many times plugin is working fine on new version, but nobody update information on Marketplace.. That is why I alwasy recommend updating the plugin on a test system and simply test it after upgrading to the lastest possible version.

In my opinion so popular plugin should get the official infor that is compatible pretty soon.

As for you second question..

It is possible to find all references from the workflow.. I remember I used XML for that. For individual workflows you can export the workflow and look for the plugin class name that is unique for the specific plugin/addon..

When you have many workflows to check you can check DB directly or perform an full XML backup and check there (you should get all workflows information there)

Michał Wesołowski March 15, 2019

The info is on Marketplpace. Is also is labeled as "Unsuported".

Ok, thank, I will check it ;)

Like Mirek likes this
0 votes
Jonathan Hult May 23, 2019

It looks like it is now supported as of 3.8.2

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.21.23 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events