With JIRA excel exports are possible and these export can be used with the Tempo tool, how can I add or remove an excel column before export?

G January 1, 2013

With JIRA excel exports are possible and these export can be used with the Tempo tool, how can I add or remove an excel column before export?

I have added fields to JIRA Issue form, and some of them appear on the excel export for the Tempo Account view, but not all. I have alos deleted a new field and the excel export column disappeared. But how can I ad and remove columns as needed? Where can one control the excel export#s column output

br

gerry

7 answers

0 votes
shruthi sj November 25, 2013

Hi,

How can i get Custom Date field of JIRA to excel?

Thanks & Regards,

Shruthi.S

0 votes
shruthi sj November 25, 2013

Hello,

I got the answer... all u have to do is specify issuetype in your JIRA query.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruthi.S

0 votes
G January 28, 2013

Hi

Forget Tempo, in JIRA OnDemand one can create custom fields, these fields appear on the Issue form and on an Issue Navigator listing page (i.e. Issue Search listing) one can see standard JIRA fields in columns. One can add or remove these columns using menu "Configure Columns", but a JIRA note states:

"Note: Not all the fields below are shown in Issue Navigator for each issue (eg custom fields which are only per-project and/or per-issue type)"

Fine, one can understand this. Ok!

Now one can uses the "Views" menu in the top right corner of the Issue Navigator page to create an excel. This "Excel (All fields)" export is created with columns, and here many, many more columns are listed than on the Issue Navigator page. As one creates "custom fileds", these custom issues appear on the Excel export, but disappear again as more custom fields are created.

QUESTION: How can I control, which custom fields appear on this Excel export?

Let me known, please!!!

gerry

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Seeing the Tempo documentation for the first time. This article talks about adding custom fields to the report. Is that what you are looking for?

http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2010/tutorial-how-to-get-your-jira-tempo-data-into-excel-pivot-report/

I have never used Tempo, forgive my ignorance if I am wrong.

0 votes
G January 21, 2013

Is there an answer here? Does Atlassain work on these issue or look at them?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Actually someone from Tempo should be answering this. I am hoping https://answers.atlassian.com/users/2634/sverrir-tynes/ sees this post.

0 votes
G January 10, 2013

Hey!

Any feedback on this isse! or does any one know where I could get an answer!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Create a filter with a specific column order and use that filter to export to Excel. Is that you question or did I get it wrong?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=185729481#SavingSearches('IssueFilters')-Definingfilter-specificissuenavigatorcolumnorder

G January 6, 2013

No, not really though it this is related.

The question is:

In Jira one can create "custom fields" and/or delete them. Some of these "custom fields" will appear as a column in the TEMPO "Accounts" EXCEL export, but not all of them.

How can one control, which Jira "custom fields" will appear as a columns listing in an TEMPO "Accounts" EXCEL export??

answer asap would be appreciated!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

I added the tempo label to the question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events