Will the 'Comment Workflow Plugin for Bitbucket' be updated for version 5+ of BitBucket Server?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

This plugin was extremely helpful at our company as it gave some workflow process to defects/comments that tasks are lacking.

Version 5.0 of BitBucket Server came out almost a year ago (May of 2017).  As of that release this plugin stopped working.

I have been keeping an eye out for updates and have not seen anything, so I felt it was time to ask if this is ever going to be updated to be compatible with version 5.0+ or should I be looking for anything solution to solve this issue?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Kessler September 26, 2018

Hi James,

Plugin developer here. I was managing that plugin in my previous capacity and hadn't found the time to update it to 5.x. It's now compatible with the latest version and I hope to make it open source for others to update moving forward. Happy to hear that you found it useful. Sorry for the delay!

Mike

Paul Wagland September 30, 2019

Hi Mike,

So, this answer goes very much to the heart of one of my other questions, namely, would it be possible to get the source for the case of contingencies if we decide to use this plugin. Great to hear that you are planning on making it Open Source!

Do you have any timeline, or can you share any information about this process of making it open source?

Cheers,
Paul

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Yes I know I'm necro-posting but it's relevant.  @Mike Kessler did you ever make this app open source?  I'm only asking because we are once again in a state of not having upgraded to version 7.x due to the high usage of this app.  I'm happy make any changes required to make it compatible with version 7.x but wasn't sure if this was an open source project or not.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Improvement Engine Support November 29, 2021

Hi,

we would be very interested in a version compatible with version 7.x, would you please let us know of any progress on this?

Thanks 

0 votes
Patrick Little March 7, 2019

We use this plugin too and just updated to version 6.1.0. Is there going to be an update?

Mike Kessler March 17, 2019

Hey Patrick,

Working on 6.x in the background. Will hopefully have an update soon

Like Jackie Sieling likes this
Mike Kessler April 27, 2019

Update: I plan to update the plugin once Atlassian responds to the this question

If you'd like, please upvote it so that I can make the necessary changes

Paul Wagland September 30, 2019

Hi Mike,

I contacted Atlassian, and they have now answered this question. Sadly, this redirects to a a question that doesn't really answer all of your points, however that is where the question needs to be asked to get any followup.

In the meantime, I see that you have released an update, but using the internal APIS, but still waiting on an answer to your question.

We would also like to know how well this can/will be supported going forward :-)

Cheers,
Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events