Why would "links" synchronizer with "remove" option move issues instead of removing them?

Laura Savičienė March 24, 2015

I have the following synchronizer:

Links (Parent-Child Relationship [for Structure synchronization only])
Parent issue is parent of sub-issue
Sync issues in structure and all sub-issues linked from them
Remove sub-issues with no incoming links
Links primacy

The structure is created entirely from links. Issue HX207-1 several levels down the structure and has it's children with their own sub-children. Then the link between HX207-1 and it's parent issue is deleted. The links between HX207-1 and it's children are retained.

But instead of removing the whole subtree of HX207-1, as I would expect from the synchronizer description ("When Remove option is selected, the issue is removed from the structure (possibly with its own sub-issues)."), it is moved to the top level of the structure (copied from Activity stream):

Synchronizer "Links (Parent-Child Relationship [for Structure synchronization only])" on behalf of Laura Savičienė moved HX207-1 and 7 sub-issues in DP000 - <...>
from DP000-1 / DP300-1 / DP300-2 to the top level of the structure

What should I do to get the issue in question removed not moved (via synchronizers, without manually deleting)?
My other idea was to filter it out, because the issue has a specific status, but that doesn't work either (see comment in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13829211)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Hi Laura,

This is expected behaviour as the child issue, which you unlinked, has a number of its own sub-issues linked to it.

If it had none - it would have been removed.

Could you please create a support ticket in our JIRA so we can discuss all the details there and come up with a configuration that works as you need: http://almworks.com/structure/support-request

Thanks,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Laura Savičienė March 25, 2015

Hello Eugene, Thank You for the answer. No need for the support ticket, after Your explanation, I figured out how to achieve it in a different way - I just created a filter synchronizer which removes the issue (as I said before, I can identify it via status) together with it's descendants (with structure JQL query). I still think that filter explanation "possibly with its own sub-issues" is misleading. Of course, "possibly" is not a commitment, but it would be nice to add something along the lines of "only if it is not linked to other issues in structure". Thanks again, Laura

Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Hello Laura, That's one of the options. So apart from the fact that it's unlinked, its status also changes? I believe this is related to your other question? Thanks, Eugene

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events