Why is "checklist" not showing as an option when I try to add a custom field?

Nate Duker August 15, 2017

I added the add-on "Checklist" using the Add on Manager. However, when I go to add a checklist in the custom fields area, it does not give me "checklist" as an option. 

I read to find solutions for this. The only thing that I found was that I must have installed the plugin incorrectly. Could someone point me to where I went wrong? 

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to catch a jing of what I did: https://www.screencast.com/t/4GsgDd8D 

2 answers

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2017

Hi Nate,

Sorry for the late reply.  The server version support customfields but Atlassian doesn't allow cloud add-ons to add customfield so it needs to be supported via a different mechanism. For checklist cloud, it's via Checklist Definition as pointed to by Derek.

You can find the Cloud documentation and Checklist Definitions here.

0 votes
Derek Winter August 23, 2017

It would appear that it's no longer implemented as a customer field, but is managed through the Add-ons Administration menu and automatically appears in the forms for creating and editing tickets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events