Why does the team field (Tempo team custom field) shows None (No matches) in the drop down?

Deleted user June 13, 2017

Hi,

I use a Team (Tempo Team Custom Field) in jira across different screens for different isssue type. It was working fine before. I have team set up and boards created as well per team. Now suddenly for any issue if i want to create/edit the team field it does not display any value to select for me? I am not sure what has changed or what i need to look into?

3 answers

0 votes
Marco Winter August 14, 2019

Hello guys, is there a link to this bug report? we have a similiar issue with jira service desk.

We create some different request types. Team field is mandatory but we can't set a default value in the request type because the team field is empty.

On our create screen in the same project, team field are filled correctly.

Anybody experience with this behaviour?

0 votes
Matt Long August 8, 2019

I have the issue where for Tempo teams (set up the same way) I get results back for some teams when using the query assignee in team("<team a>"), but others not.

I haven't found the reason why yet. Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 votes
Pitcha June 20, 2017

Hi,

Do you found any workaround yet?

i'm also struggle with this issue, so i can't plan any new project/issue since i can't assign team to its.

Deleted user June 20, 2017

Hi,

Yes i did. Tempo functionality has changed recently. So now it requires team to be linked to the project for it to appear in the drop down.

Go to Tempo > Teams select your team and the relevant project.

Below is the details of the email sent from Tempo team

The implementation of the custom fields have been changed in the Atlassian Connect framework such that we can no longer depend on our Browse Teams permission.  Currently, we have to create links between the projects and the teams, so for each team you have to link the projects that they are working on.   Here's a documentation on how to link teams and projects: https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/234966408

I hope it helps.

Like Diego Quintero likes this
Pitcha June 20, 2017

Thank you.!

Michael Minar November 16, 2017

Unfortunately, I'm also running into this issue. I linked my new teams with a jira project - and also added members to those teams. However, when i go to create a new issue and toggle the team field the only option i see is `None`.

Any guidance here would be great!

Deleted user November 16, 2017

Hi Michael,

Have you already tried linking your tempo teams to the project.

See this https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/234966408

If you have already done that, wait for few hours as for me to show up the team name in the dropdown it did take couple of hours.

Hope it helps:)

Michael Minar November 16, 2017

Hi Pratigya,

Yes, I followed your previous post and made sure to link my teams with the project of interest. I did that and then waited 24 hours, but still no luck. Wondering if there is something else to try?

Deleted user November 16, 2017

Hi Michael,

That's all I know..hope you can resolve your problem..good luck!

Sandra Björg Axelsdóttir November 17, 2017

Hi Micheal.

Pratigya had the right answer. The team should be in the Team custom field if you have linked it to the Jira project.

Could you be using the Jira Portofolio team field, instead of the Tempo team field?

Please verify that you have the Tempo team field on your screens.

Regards,
Sandra

Michael Minar November 17, 2017

Hi Sandra,

Thanks so much for the reply. It is definitely the tempo team field as I see a little notification that says `Custom Tempo Field` in the jira ticket creation menu. I'm attaching two screen shots. Perhaps I'm just missing something simple, but I do think the first one shows how I'm linking the teams <-> project and the second one shows that the field in my create ticket menu is a Tempo field.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 9.29.01 AM (2).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-17 at 9.29.32 AM (2).png

Sandra Björg Axelsdóttir November 20, 2017

Hi Michael.

You are doing everything correctly, and this should work.

Can you please submit a ticket in our support system so we can investigate your instance/logs in more detail:

https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
Sandra

Karolin Blunk March 5, 2018

I am experiencing the same issue with one user who cannot see all teams that are linked with the project (however I can). Can you please post a link to the request ticket from Michael?

Karolin Blunk May 31, 2018

Hi @Michael Minar did you ever create a bug report on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events