Why does the Image Slider macro take so long to load images?

I have recently purchased and installed the Image Slider plugin for Confluence. I am pleased with the display however I have noticed that initially the slider takes a very long time to load the images.

Even when there are only a handful of images to load i have had to wait for up to 30 second or even longer. The images aren't very large either (between 100-400kb).

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how i could speed up the loading times?

Also I realise that this may be server related however most other parts of our Confluence installation load very quickly.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lucas

Sorry for my late reply. I'm the author of the Image Slider plugin.

Sadly, I'm not aware of any problems related to loading images in the slider. Images are loaded with basic HTTP requests, the same as Confluence does. So the problem could be server related. You could verify that by using another image macro (for example the gallery macro) with the same images.

If it's not server related, here is how you could speed up the loading times:

• Only display a small number of images in the slider (<10).
  • Make sure all images are of the same size/aspect ratio.
  • Don't use images larger than 500kb.

If the problem can't be solved with the recommendations above, please open a new issue in the issue tracker of the Image Slider plugin.

Cheers
Remo

Hi Remo,

Thanks for the info, I will try your suggestions and if I continue to have problems i will open an issue.

Regards,

Lucas

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

513 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you