Why does the 'Exact Text Searcher (natural)' not search the exact strings?

I installed the plugin 'Jira Natural Searchers' and defined it is searcher for one of my text custom fields.

Then I put into one of my dashboards a 2D statistics gadget with this cf as Y dimension.

The cf had only very little choices, since it was a read-only text field imported from another database, not manually edited.

What I noticed is that most words were truncated:

"Release OK" became "releas"

"unsuccessful" became "unsuccess"

and so on.

The words are still identifiable, but they are not what I expect when I read "exact searcher".

I would prefer to see the exact words used in the text.

Could this be an indexing problem? I did not reindex yet, since this would last quite long time.

1 answer

0 vote

Looks like the words have been "stemmed"... ie "releas" gets indexed because it matches released, releasing etc etc. I'm sure Jozef will know, but reindexing seems like a good idea. Maybe reproduce in a small test instance first, and verify that reindexing fixes it.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Apr 19, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

 Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

366 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you