Why do the trigger "Issue moved" doesn't trigger when moving within a Project?

Tobias Wegmann October 12, 2017

Hello,

I have the Problem, that I need to do something when an issue gets moved.

The problem is, that it seems to work between projects only. When I move the Issue from one Project to another, the trigger fires and my action too. But when I move the Issue within a project to another issue type it doesn’t trigger.

Is that the normal behavior or a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

"Moving" an issue from one type to another is misrepresented in the UI and documentation.

It is, and should be, an "edit", which fires an "issue updated" event.

But, because all the configuration hangs off project and issue type, changing the issue type may not be a simple "edit", and often needs to go through all the checks and migrations that are coded for in the "move" functionality.

So, it's called "move", it goes through the "move" functions, but it is really an "edit"

Tobias Wegmann October 18, 2017

Thank your very much, I will try to find a workaround then.

0 votes
Deleted user October 12, 2017

Hey there Tobias,

It might be a problem with terminology here. "moving" an issue from a status differrent to another status is considered an issue transition, rather than a move.

So if you set your trigger for issue being transitioned, that should work better

Cheers,

Mark C

Tobias Wegmann October 16, 2017

Hey Mark,

thanks for the answer.

Sadly that isnt my problem. I really mean moving an issue within a project, to another issue type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events