Why am I getting duplicates in my structure?

Jana Wear August 31, 2017

I have a structure that uses the following Jql: Project = "Corporate IT Features" AND Status not in (Closed, Canceled) AND Component in (JIRA, Confluence) OR project in ("Production Defects", "Development Defects") AND "Assigned Workgroup" = "Corporate IT DevOps Services" AND status not in (Closed, Canceled). Use an "Implements" synchronizer that has parent issue being "Implemented by" sub issue.

and I am all of a sudden getting duplicate records under the same parent issue. This structure has been working fine. No upgrades have been done recently.

JIRA Server:  v7.1.6#71010-sha1:428b2b3

Structure version: 3.5.0

duplicates on structure.jpg

duplicates on structure-2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Hi Jana,

It is hard to determine the reason for this without analyzing the logs and more, but it is possible that this is the result of a slight connectivity slowness between the browser and the JIRA. This makes synchronizer miss the structure update and create a duplicate. You can set the following runtime parameter 

-Dstructure.sync.mindelay=1000

It will increase the delay, giving the synchronizer more time to react to structure changes. 

Yet another suggestion is to change structure to use generators (Automation) instead of synchronizers. There is a number of advantages in using generators. If you wish to learn more about those, or if you need further assistance with duplication issue, please, don't hesitate to contact us at support@almworks.com or through Service Desk https://support.almworks.com.

Regards,
Egor

Jana Wear September 5, 2017

I don't It has been several days now and still duplicates. I created the structure using automation:( I will delete the structure and rebuild and let you know if that fixes it.

Jana Wear September 5, 2017

So I completly deleted the structure and rebuilt and it looks fine now. We do a full reindex every Saturday morning, so not sure why that wouldn't of cleaned up the structure. Frustrating. Thanks for the quick response. I didn't get notified when you responded on friday, so just saw it today AFTER I sent an email to you guys directly. You can disregard that email. Thanks for your help.

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hi Jana,

I understand your frustration, and we'd be happy to help troubleshooting the duplication problem next time it occurs (if it occurs). Best to do it through our Service Desk, as some files and instructions will need to be exchanged.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events