While adding the partnership getting the error in Herzum Quick linker

Ram Chavan May 10, 2016

Hi, 

I am trying to add the partnership but getting the below error.

"User and/or URL for Source and Destination instance/s is/are invalid, for reactivate the Partnership insert valid URL and/or user credentials."

I have tried the test connection and it is successful.

Also I can login to both the URL using the username and password I mentioned.

Thanks,

Ram

3 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2016

We have reviewed the logs and in order to proceed with further investigations we need more detailed logs that can be obtained by enabling Logging Level DEBUG with respect to the Package com.herzum.

Please, navigate the System -> Logging and profiling administration screen, click Configure logging level for another package and insert the inputs showed into the screenshot below.
EnableLog.PNG
Then, re-try Partnership creation so that the new logs will include more detailed information on the error.

In addition to the logs, we need the following information with respect to the two instances:
- Add-on versions
- JIRA versions
- Database type
- Networking protocols.

Please, send all the information to my e-mail address: antonella.capalbo@herzum.com.

Sincerely,
Antonella

Ram Chavan May 23, 2016

I have sent you the logs.

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Hi Ram,

I apologize for the delay in replying and I want to thank you for supporting our investigation.

The logs reports that the partnership creation fails because of user authentication failure depending by errors on synchronization of users managed via LDAP.

A workaround consists of configuring the partnership by using the credentials of users belonging to a JIRA Internal Directory.

Page https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-multiple-directories-802592355.html details how to manage multiple user directories.

I hope it helps.

Sincerely

Barnali Putatunda July 28, 2016

Hi,

I am getting the same error while configuring the plugin. Can you please help.

Regards,
Barnali

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo May 11, 2016

Hello,
Usually this problem is encountered when, after a first add-on installation, the administration screens of the remote JIRA instance are not navigated .

Please, first navigate the Partnership Administration screens of the remote JIRA instance and then try again to create the Remote Partnership.

Additionally, I recommend reviewing if the add-on installed on the remote JIRA instance has been successfully enabled and has a valid license.

If the problem still exists, we need to review atlassian-jira.log in order to start investigating the problem.

If you require any further information and support, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Antonella

Ram May 11, 2016

I tried both the things you mentioned but still getting the error.

Navigated through the partnership admin screens and confirmed plugin is installed and enabled on both the instance.

Please let me know where can i send you the log file.

Thanks,

Ram

Ram May 11, 2016

Found below error in the log file.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.manager.HQLManagerImpl.checkPartnershipConsistency(HQLManagerImpl.java:2825)
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.manager.HQLManagerImpl.checkPartnershipConsistency(HQLManagerImpl.java:2719)
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.config.web.ConfigPartnershipAction.doInit(ConfigPartnershipAction.java:419)
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.config.web.ConfigPartnershipAction.doEditPartnership(ConfigPartnershipAction.java:200)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70)
at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56)

0 votes
Ram Chavan May 10, 2016

After JIRA restart error has been changed to "You cannot perform this action. The remote server is not reachable or user is invalid. Please try later."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events