Which JIRA Address to use?

Mikkel Rostock March 14, 2013

I've installed The Connector for Microsoft Project 2010, and it has added a nice section to the ribbon bar.

However, when I click Configure -> New, I have to create a New Endpoint, and in the dialog "Configure JIRA Endpoint", I don't know which JIRA Address to enter.

We are currently using https://XXXXX.atlassian.net/ where XXXXX is our project name.

Entering this URL and user credentials, I get this error message:

"An SqlCeParameter with ParameterName 'jiraaddress' is not contained by this SqlCeParameterCollection."

I've spent hours searching in documentation and on Google, but I've no clue on how to continue from here.

We're using Microsoft Project 2010 installed as a normal Windows program, and we use our own MS Project Server.

I don't have Jira installed on my PC - can't The Connector simply connect to the atlassian website directly (url I mentioned above)? I'm a little confused here...

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi Mikkel,

Are you refering this plugin? In case yes, I see that your JIRA URL ends with atlassian.net, which makes me believe that your instrance is OnDemand, is that right? If so, the problem can be because this plugin is not for OnDemand instances.

Cheers

Mikkel Rostock March 19, 2013

Hello Tiago,

For some reason I wasn't noticed of your answer, so I didn't know that you replied...!

How is this plugin used then - do we have to host our own JIRA server in order to use it?

If yes, can you guide me with some info on tutorials, info on where to download installers, can it run on Windows server etc.?

Best regards

Mikkel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Start with http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download and

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide

But to save you having to plough through it all for answers to your exact questions:

Yes, if you want to use a plugin/addon that is not supported by OnDemand, then you can either wait until it is (there's "plugins version 3" coming in summer, which might enable it, but I don't know that), or you can install and run your own Jira installation.

You can run Jira on any system that can run a recent version of Java. It's supported on a slightly narrower definition than that, but all versions of Windows you're likely to run as a server fall within that. (My pet VMS box doesn't, but hey, it works, despite not being officially supported!)

Thanks a billion Tiago - it wasn't exactly obvious that a plugin has to be supported by OnDemand in order to work, neither could I see it mentioned anywhere that this plugin is not yet supported by OnDemand - but since I'm new to this area, I might just have missed it somehow...

Thanks again - now I'm on the right track!

0 votes
Hello Tiago, For some reason I wasn't noticed of your answer, so I didn't know that you replied...! How is this plugin used then - do we have to host our own JIRA server in order to use it? If yes, can you guide me with some info on tutorials, info on where to download installers, can it run on Windows server etc.? Best regards Mikkel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events