Where is the jar file or how do I install from the zip file

Thomas E Keller October 31, 2012

Have downloaded the zip file and opened it up but have no idea how to install this plugin from the zip file. Is there a jar file related to this? The documentation says load the jar file but I cannot find it.

4 answers

1 vote
Annicka Rosengren October 31, 2012

Rename the file to <file name>.jar and upload it.

0 votes
Thomas E Keller November 1, 2012

Thank you folks.

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Tom, Nic and Annicka are right - we've had other cases where IE would download the JAR incorrectly. Renaming ZIP won't help, it's completely broken.

Either use other browser, or, better, install Structure right from your JIRA via Plugin Manager.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2012

I didn't know that it was breaking them totally, renaming worked ok for me when I was stuck with IE (I don't use it any more, as it's pretty much useless nowadays)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

It doesn't break them... it's bad but not that bad. A rename should work fine.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2012

I suspect Annicka is spot on, and you've used Internet Explorer to download. I'd dump that and get a real browser instead - IE renames and breaks files without bothering to tell you it's doing it. (And it's riddled with other "design features", or to name them correctly, "stupid flaws")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events