Where is HipChat?

Chris Ewe March 7, 2013

I installed HipChat @ my Confluence 5 instance.

I did this token-thing.

I can't found how to use HipChat.

I think it should be in this new menu in the up left corner, but this menu is'n existing eather.

THANKS for HELP!

BEst regards, Chris

8 answers

0 votes
chris hoerske March 22, 2014

I enabled errors even on CSS and now I get a 'no elements found' error when rolling over profiles. This has to be the error we're looking for. It happend everytime I roll over a profile. I changed my API for it's pointing to api.hipchat.cominstead of myaddress.hipchat.com. Changing the base DPI url doesn't make a difference.

0 votes

Below is the error.

Break On Attribute Change 'style': left: 642px; right...px; display: none; -> left: 649px; right...px; display: none; div#content-hover-3.ajs-content-hover style="left: 649px; right: auto; top: 324px; display: none;"

You can disable/enable break notifications in panel's tab menu.
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2014

The second one.

The console tab should dispaly a Rest service call. If it goes in error it should appear red with the error log.

0 votes

I rolled over the users profile hoping to see a status with firebug enabled... Below is what I see in Firebug

<body id="com-atlassian-confluence" class="theme-default dashboard aui-layout aui-theme-default" onload="placeFocus()" data-aui-version="5.1.3">

Also,

Should the API base URL be https://api.hipchat.com/or https://myhipchataddress.HIPCHAT.com??

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2014

Correct, your Application navigator has to point to your HipChat Page.

Please, in order to figure out the problem, use Firefox enabling the Firebug plugin and try to perform that action. An error should appear. Let me know the result of this test.

0 votes
chris hoerske March 21, 2014

I got it to work. It was actually working the entire time.. It was odd. When I'm on the Intergration page the check boxes for vaious Space/page notifications do not appear. If I let the browser sit there for about 1 min they show up.. But.. It works just fine aside from that. Now.. In regards to the application navigator. I assume that adds a tab to confluence pointing to my HipChat page, correct?

Also,

When in Confluence when I hover over someone's profile on a comment I don't see their staus. Why is that?

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2014

Hello CHris,

You can add your HipChat URL on the Application Navigator manually. (Confluence Administrator -> Application Navigator).

If you correctly added your HipChat Admin Token in your Confluence Administrator -> HipChat Configuration, you can configure the hipchat integration in some simple steps.

- Go to specific Space Admin

- Locate HipChat under "Integration"

- Now you can setup, what room/s need to be automatically notified for Blog Creation/Page Creation/Page Update for the specific space.

Hope this hels.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2013

Hi Chris,

Did you tick any notification in Hip Chat -> Space Admin? If not i guess you can try to rebuild start from stratch. For the menu thingy, basically what if got any new post or blog created in confluence, it will notify in hip chat room. You need to open the hip chat program and everytime user post anything it will notify you in hip chat room.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

John Chin

Chris Ewe March 10, 2013

Hi John,

I thought that HipChat would appear in the Application-Navigator, but I haven't these

navigator yet.

Reagrds, Chris

chris hoerske March 21, 2014

I don't see the options to integrate to hipchat. I'm in the confluence admin.. I see a red error about my API and then it goes away.. Then it says it's successful.. But.. The gUI to select room integratoin is not there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events