When will the table of contents macro be updated for confluence 5.1.2?

Fleurcat April 30, 2013

We are planning an upgrade to the current version of confluence 5.1.2. But the toc macro failed the plugin analysis. I need to decide if I need to remove all usage of toc (There is a lot!) or upgrade to version 5.0.3. Do I need to ask Customware? (They are doing our upgrade for us).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marian Finch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2013

The Table of Contents Macro comes standard as one of the pre-bundled plugins/add-ons with Confluence 5.1.2. It sounds like you are most likely referring to the Table of Contents Plugin by CustomWare, which currently shows to be compatible for Confluence 5.0 - 5.0.3.

You will want to reach out to the developer directly (info@customware.net) to find out if they plan on further developing their plugin/add-on for Confluence 5.1.2. There is also a chance that CustomWare may have forgotten to update the plugin page in the Atlassian Marketplace and the plugin is indeed compatible with the latest version of Confluence. Even if the plugin/add-on was still compatible, you would still receive an error when trying to install the plugin via the UPM (Universal Plugin Manager). This is due to the fact that Confluence will read that the plugin is not compatible with the current version you are running.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to shoot me an email at sales@atlassian.com

Marian Finch || Product Advocate

Fleurcat May 14, 2013

Thank you. As long as {toc} still works after the upgrade, that is all we need.
It sounds like the standard macro is all we need.

0 votes
MartinO August 11, 2013

If you are having the same problems with the toc macro as we do it is covered in the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26765 and atlassian has seen itself feet to solve it in version 5.2.3 of confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events