When will test coverage support be added for branch-based configuration?

Erik Baty November 5, 2018

One of the appealing aspects of this plugin is the inclusion of test coverage changes in a pull request, but was sad to discover it is not supported in branch-based mode.  Is support for this feature on the road map?

If not, is there another recommended way to configure such that the delta for issues can still be displayed as well as the delta for test coverage, between branch and target branch?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hi,

Coverage is supported in branch-based mode except when using short-living branches. So you will only see coverage data in long-living branches.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Michael (app vendor)

Erik Baty November 6, 2018

I see it now in a PR from long-lived to long-lived branch.  So is there no plan to make this available for short-lived branches then?  That's precisely where we see a lot of potential value in "fixing the leak", as far as test coverage goes.  

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018
Like Erik Baty likes this
Erik Baty November 7, 2018

Thanks for the help, I had not noticed the issue on sonarqube's side of things, and will follow up with them!

After digging a bit further, I wound up at https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/MMF-1118 which is now closed.  I'm not sure which version of SQ this was (or is going to be) part of is all.  

Anyway, it appears that perhaps the data is there, or soon will be, to consume and paint to short-lived branch PRs in this plugin?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2018

You're right, thanks for the hint! We will support test coverage for short-living branches when using SQ >= 7.4 for the next feature release of the app. I'll reply back here once it is available.

Great- thank you!

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

Hi @Erik Baty

With version 2.3.0 of the app, we now support test coverage for short-living branches.

Best regards,
Michael

Erik Baty November 21, 2018

Thanks, Michael!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events