When will JIRA Suite Utilities support JIRA 6.1?

Deleted user September 30, 2013

We would like to upgrade to JIRA 6.1, but we are using the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin and it is not listed under the plugins that have been tested for 6.1. When will official support be added for this plugin?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

You should contact the vendor about this. Jira 6.1 was released recently and there is generally a lag between release of a Atlassian product and when everyone has updated their plugin.

Deleted user September 30, 2013

Thank you. I'll contact the vendor directly to see if they have a proposed date for adding 6.1 support.

2 votes
Deleted user October 16, 2013

1.4.8 has been released and supports JIRA 6.1

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Thanks, I saw the update and I've successfully upgraded our pre-production instance of Jira with it. So far so good. Thanks for the quick response.

0 votes
Deleted user October 14, 2013

I received an email from beecom. They are currently testing with JIRA 6.1 and it should be available soon. They did not provide a specific date though.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

Well, that's something at least. I haven't been able to get on a mailing list yet, so no email for me; thanks for mentioning this.

I'm suprised; OnDemand has had their 6.1 version for ~3 weeks now, and beecom still wants to test before releasing it for Download customers. That order seems backwards.

0 votes
paul grant October 2, 2013

Any update on this?

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2013

This is affecting us to. Looking at the vendor's tracker, they released 1.48 for Jira 6.1 on Sept 27th, but the marketplace still has 1.47 (6.0.8). What gives? We are unable to upgrade to 6.1 until this is resolved...

Deleted user October 6, 2013

I was unable to find a contact email on the vendors site to contact them directly and ask a question about when 1.4.8 will be added to the Atlassian Marketplace. So, we are currently stuck waiting for the plugin to upgrade to JIRA 6.1 as well. If anyone is aware of the contact information, I will be happy to ask the question to the vendor.

I overlooked the email on the plugin page. I have emailed the vendor to ask about the ETA for JIRA 6.1 support. I will post here as soon as I here something back.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2013

The vendor page lists jsu@beecom.ch as the contact email.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2013

I have a question - with how slow a couple of the larger plugin makers have been to release Jira 6.1 versions, I was mulling the idea of trying to pull back on our plugin usage to just plugins that are available for both Download & OnDemand, so we're not stuck unable to upgrade like this in the future. But looking closer, I see this plugin is available for OnDemand customers. If everyone using OnDemand already upgraded to 6.1, how?

I guess that restricting our Download instance to plugins that are available OnDemand wouldn't help because Jira Suite Utilities is still not available for JIRA 6.1 Download installs.

Edit: Clarity

Edit 2: More clarity, because some of my initial edits made it worse.

Kelly,

JIRA OnDemand users will be quite a few revisions ahead of hosted users. Atlassian rolls changes out to the OnDemand earlier than they release them to hosted customers. For example, when we migrated our OnDemand instance to hosted, the OnDemand revision was 6.0.38 and the hosted revision was 6.0.8. That doesn't mean that you'll every see 6.0.38 in the hosted version as we see with 6.1 being released, it just means they are integrating features into the OnDemand version earlier. They even state that you may lose some functionality when going from OnDemand to hosted. The biggest downside to JIRA OnDemand is that all plugins are not supported.

If you can get by with a minimal number of plugins, it will be easiest to upgrade. But many of them will extend JIRA functionality to meet your business needs, so often you will be stuck waiting for them to be upgraded or testing them against the upgrade on your own. Most vendors are usually pretty quick to the Marketplace updated. Sometimes it doesn't hurt just to remind them if you are waiting. They may have already tested the plugin and have forgotten to update it. Hope this helps.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2013

It does help, thanks. At Summit13, they mentioned that the OnDemand team usually rolls out an update weekly, I believe, so I totally believe you .

I do wish that the system OnDemand has in place for plugins to stay updated was extended to Download versions; i.e. when a plugin - say Jira Suit Utils v1.4.8 - is certified against 6.1.x, when 6.1.0 is available for download, v1.4.8 automatically is available for Download customers to update to (assuming they meet the minimum version value, of course), instead of some sort of manual step the plugin owners have to do. Ah well, eventually.

-Kelly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events