• Community
  • Products
  • Apps & Integrations
  • Questions
  • When using Tempo Planner trial, is there a way to show shorter time slots (1/2 day)? also, does the time in the top right hand corner degrease when time is logged to the job?

When using Tempo Planner trial, is there a way to show shorter time slots (1/2 day)? also, does the time in the top right hand corner degrease when time is logged to the job?

David Fisher October 23, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Albert Hauksson October 30, 2015

Hi David,

The shortest timeslot in Tempo Planner is one whole day. However you can adjust the commitment of a team member to an individual plan. That way you can plan for an issue for half a day for example.

The time in the top right corner of the plan is planned time and will not decrease when time is logged. However the remaining estimate, which is displayed on the issue in the sidebar, will decrease whenever time is logged on the issue.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Albert - Tempo Team

David Fisher November 2, 2015

Hi Albert, thank you for your reply. Can I ask_ When I re-allocate to different assignees. Note - the reallocation done in actual JIRA cards will not automatically update in TEMPO, do we have to manually update every time? Tempo’s feature - team capacity/estimated hours is not aligned to original Jira Card info, we need to copy all info from JIRA and update manually into tempo to get the appropriate result. Does not show any workflow for example – Currently at what stage the card into – To do, In progress, waiting for review or sign-off etc.

Albert Hauksson November 2, 2015

Hi David, Planning an issue for a team member will not assign the issue to them. This is by design. Just as many people can log work on an issue (but only one of them is assignee), they should also be able to plan that work. The team capacity report is based on plans that have been made for the team members. If you plan for a team member 40 hours of work one week they will show up as 100% planned (or 0 hours available) in the Team Capacity report. It's true that the workflow is not represented in the timeline view. This will be improved in upcoming releases of Planner. I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events