When the status of the bug «Closed» automatically clean it out of the field defect in the test.

Maksim Sakharov June 2, 2013

Good evening!

Please modify the field "defect" in the form of a "test" in the usability-way. Make it so that in the event that attached to the field defect bug is automatically removed from the field when it goes into the status of «Closed» in Jira.

This improvement will allow the tester is not closed manually remove bugs from the field of "defect" specific test.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maksim Sakharov June 4, 2013

Well, Chris, I understand you.

So, let's solve the usability problem by "small forces". I suggest that the ability to edit (add and delete) the field deffect right of the page with the test cycles. This revision will allow the tester does not go into every test in order to remove the bug from the field deffect.

Chris, tell me if you want to set for completion of this single issue.

Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

I'll add the ability to remove defects from a testcase from the test cycle page as a feature request.

1 vote
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Matthew, Maksim,

Zephyr here. The answer to this question is based on existing JIRA workflow functionality, as the Zephyr Test is a regular JIRA issue type and linking is a JIRA functionality, this question is dependent on JIRA functionality only.

Maksim wants to set a rule/event where if a Defect is set to a workflow stage of Closed it removes links to any link where the issue type is test. If this can be done with JIRA today, then this would answer the question.

However I'm curious if this decision is wise in a workflow. What if the defect is reopened later? Wouldn't you want to know what testcases it had affected in the first place?

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

Hi Maksim,

I do understand your scenario. So at this point I can say that this feature set would be a potential trigger/event on the JIRA side, as I identified my previous post.

Check out the following documentation on Postfunctions. I'm not sure if it is possible or not, but this is a place to start.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Workflow+Configuration#AdvancedWorkflowConfiguration-Postfunctions

Does anyone out there know if you can remove an issue link with a JIRA postfunction or other mechanism?

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

Hi Maksim,

I do understand your scenario. So at this point I can say that this feature set would be a potential trigger/event on the JIRA side, as I identified my previous post.

Check out the following documentation on Postfunctions. I'm not sure if it is possible or not, but this is a place to start.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Workflow+Configuration#AdvancedWorkflowConfiguration-Postfunctions

Does anyone out there know if you can remove an issue link with a JIRA postfunction or other mechanism?

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Maksim Sakharov June 2, 2013

Chris, I will answer your question.

"What if the defect is reopened later? Wouldn't you want to know what testcases it had affected in the first place?" -

1. If a bug will be reopened later, the tester itself re-add it to the field defect. In most cases, if a bug in Jira was Closed, it does not open back. Tester registers a new bug.

2. The tester would like to know what tests have been hurt in the first place, but it is not a priority of information. At present, because of the problem tester makes a lot of wasted motion.

You can do this function is optional, but I think it will be very much in demand in major projects such as ours.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

Hi Maksim, is there a question with this or is it just a suggestion to the authors of Zephyr?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events