When is the compatibility update for JIRA 7.1 planned?

Florian Fahrenberger March 16, 2016

Hi Jamie!

We are in the middle of switching to JIRA as our new issue tracker, payment is already on the way. smile The "Issue Alternative Assignee" AddOn is desperately needed for our current workflow, and it is the only reason we can not switch to version 7.1 before the issue tracker goes live.

So, I wanted to know if you are planning to update the AddOn, and if so what the rough time estimate is. Ideally, I would of course love to do the upgrade before the instance is running in production.

Thanks a lot for creating such awesome AddOns, your ScriptRunner is nothing short of godsent.

11 answers

0 votes
Florian Fahrenberger April 10, 2016

Thanks a lot. I feel bad, I hope we didn't pressure you into updating the info on this free and open source AddOn. I am sure it is much appreciated though.

Have a great week!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

But thanks for giving it a go, much appreciated wink

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

OK, well, for now I've just updated the compatibility on the last version. You don't actually need to change the JIRA version in the pom, you'd only do that if you wanted to break compatibility with previous versions.

0 votes
Florian Fahrenberger April 10, 2016

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] That's really kind of you, but I don't think I am up for this yet. smile I have only just started programming a little Atlassian (or Java, really) and I won't be able to manage an AddOn properly. I also don't have an ID on the marketplace. I just work at a company and we started using JIRA Core 10 days ago... Maybe somebody else wants to take over? It's a pretty cool AddOn, and Jamie has lots on his plate...?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2016

@Florian Fahrenberger - I can ask Atlassian to transfer ownership to you? If so what's your ID on marketplace?

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste April 8, 2016

@Florian Fahrenberger / @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist], Yes, I agree. If it's just the version number but the rest works fine under Java 8, it would be fine. Looking at the source code, it's just the version that JIRA is blocking from the version.

Now, I had installed the newest version available from marketplace and seems to be working.

smile 

0 votes
Florian Fahrenberger April 7, 2016

Hey Jamie,

I just forked the repo. It compiles fine and seems to work perfectly on my Windows and Linux test instances. Should I send a pull request for the 1-line-change (version tag in line 113 in pom.xml changed to 7.1.4)? Feels a bit silly...

I am fine for now, since I can in theory use my own compiled version, but I guess sending in the official update can only be done by you? I thought this would be more work. smile

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

Sure, just give it a try. Otherwise I will do it but it may not get to it for a few weeks. You should try it as it is though, it's quite likely that it will just work. 

0 votes
Florian Fahrenberger April 7, 2016

Thanks for the update. I just now realized that the plugin is open source. I can't really give a good estimate how much work the update is and haven't programmed too much JIRA yet. But if I find a free couple of evening, I will certainly give it a swing. smile I'll let you know beforehand.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

I don't know... 4 weeks maybe. How about someone else does it? 

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste April 7, 2016

@Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist) / @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] We are about to upgrade JIRA 7.1.4. However, we realized that Issue Alternative Assignee is not updated. Can you please provide us the proper estimate date to get this version of the plugin?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events