When do the field values get copied to the subtask

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Do I get values on the create subtask screen, or not until after I have actually created the subtask?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

George, So we have a fix version which identifies when it will be released. If it is filled out on the parent and I go to create a subtask the value is blank on the create screen. I am able to change the value and the value I use on the create screen is saved upon creation, otherwise it does copy the parent value. Hope this helps.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

What values do you mean? You do get field values you can fill out on the create subtask screen.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

For example, all Issues have a field called 'Labels.' When a story or subtask is created, normally the field is empty. If the parent has a value in the field, when I create a subtask with this add-on enabled, what would I expect to see in the field on the create screen, the parent value or a blank?

I understand that once I click the create button, the parent value would go into the field. It is what happens on the create screen that I am asking about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events