When displaying "Remaining time" across the epic, is this value stored in a field within the plugin?

Ben Richman May 16, 2016

I am using Epic Sum up and want to copy the value of "Remaining time" for the epic itself (not the JIRA time tracking "Remaining estimate" field) to linked issues using JIRA Workflow toolbox. In order to do this i need to know the name of the field that is storing the "Remaining time".

Is the field searchable using JQL? I want to look for epics where the remaining time is greater than 0 as an example, the field needs to be searchable in order to this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Hi Ben,

currently it is not possible to search via JQL the remaining time for a epic. The problem amongst other things is the lucene cache from jira.

I created an feature request in our system. But I cannot promise that it will implemented or when. Please see this link for the status:

https://jira.aptis.info/plugins/servlet/shareYourJira/showIssue?&token=a271fbb0-02a6-414d-ad4e-90cb0f9088f1&id=57

Best regeards

Steffen Stamprath

Ben Richman May 17, 2016

Hi Steffen,

That is a pity to hear, that was the main reason for using your plugin and we would have been purchasing it had this feature been there. While this is clearly a great plugin regardless, without the time remaining field being searchable, we cannot justify buying the plugin. I will check back on the feature request over time and maybe in the future things can be different.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events