When are we to expect Cloud versions of Insight - Asset Management and Insight Discovery?

Miroslav Preradovic March 4, 2019

When are we to expect Cloud versions of Insight - Asset Management and Insight Discovery?

Please give us some realistic release dates, so I can do my POC

Thanks,

M.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

Hello @Miroslav Preradovic

You can see on the early access program page:

We're getting ready to launch Insight for Jira Service Desk Cloud in Q1 of 2019.

On this thread they said it would be launched before next Summit (i.e., before April). I don't know if Insight Discovery will be available on Cloud though, maybe @Tommy Nordahl could tell us more?

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi Miroslav, 

Our preparations are proceeding according to plan so you can expect the beta version of Insight for Jira Cloud to be available prior to summit. 

Insight Discovery integration for cloud, together with other import types and integrations will come later.

Best
Tommy

Miroslav Preradovic March 4, 2019

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to it and hoping to see Insight Discovery in the near future as well. 

Are you aware of some other tools that are available within Jira world that would do the same thing? 

Cheers,

Miroslav

0 votes
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello,

As of yesterday, we launched the new Insight version for JSM Cloud Premium which supports the Discovery Import feature. Now, it is possible to upload the Insight Discovery output zip file. Please have a look at the related Import documentation.

Cheers

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Tim April 5, 2021

Hakan,

I've been going through the documentation and trying to set up.  Very hard to follow.  It's almost like it hasn't been updated for cloud.  I have service management premium installed, but I don't see the Import, Process results menus that are visible in the Demonstration Video.

image.png

Perhaps I'm viewing  the wrong information?

-tim

Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello Tim,

Yes, we didn't record a demo for Insight Discovery Cloud yet. In summary:

- You need to download Insight Discovery from the marketplace.

- Review the documentation starting from the overview page, watch the demo,  and configure (each page includes important tips for the configuration).

- Perform your first scan and save the output to a scan folder as a zip file.

- Open your JSM site. Make sure that you can see the Insight menu on the top. (not under apps menu)

- Create your object schema and Discovery import configuration following the new documentation. This will guide you on how to upload the zip file to Insight Cloud and also create an object mapping. 

Insight Discovery Cloud.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Tim April 6, 2021

Thanks Hakan!

It turns out I needed to uninstall the Insight for Cloud application.  The new Insight menu option on the horizontal tool bar just appeared this morning, so, I’m able to use the SM Premium Insight version now.  After using Discovery, it became clear to me that we will need/prefer the Azure AD integration.  I don’t believe this is available in SD Premium yet?

-tim

Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2021

Hello,

Yes, correct. Please find the comparison chart for Insight Application and new JSM/Insight Premium features here

Regards,

Hakan

0 votes
David Choi March 1, 2021

We also need Insight Discovery for Cloud!

0 votes
Allison Carlson February 10, 2021

Any feedback yet on Insight Discovery for Cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events