What plugin can you suggest for calendar and resource planning?

Peter Sarapkin December 18, 2017

Hello everyone.

Can anyone (it would be better if it is Atlassian team) suggest the best plugin for calendar and resource planning in projects?

Requirements:

1. This plugin must allow to build and visualize Gantt chart.

2. This plugin must be working fast. Approximate 10 thousand tasks must be rendered no more than one minute.

What do we have now?

First of all, we used Tempo planner plugin. This plugin is very slow.

Then we found BigPicture and Portfolio.

No one of that plugins is suiting us.

May be anyone can suggest any more plugins, or may be anyone can tell us more about advantages of the Tempo, Portfolio and BigPicture.

2 answers

1 vote
Oleh Vasyliv January 1, 2018

Hi Peter!

Have you had a chance to take a look at ActivityTimeline resource planning add-on?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.activitytimeline.plugin/server/overview

Thanks,

Oleh

Carmen Cismas September 7, 2018

Hey Oleh,

Are you using ActivityTimeline?

Is it working for you?

Did you get a demo from the company?

Thanks,

Carmen

0 votes
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2018

Hello there Peter!

I saw your post quite some time ago, just really hoped that someone who's not a Atlassian Vendor (like myself) would come over and participate in this thread. 

I would be lying if I said that I'm not curious what about BigPicture was a blocker that made you decide to stop using the app. It does have a Gantt chart along with a WBS Panel to show Parents-Children Waterfall view of your Projects and it is capable of synchronizing hundreds of thousands of tasks in a matter of seconds. Of course there's a display (load) limit, yet once you scroll through your Gantt chart and Gantt's WBS, it loads another chunk of data. 

BigPicture also introduces Resources module, Risks, a SAFe® Roadmap and (depending on Jira environment which you operate in) Teams and Metrics which you might be interested in and which may come in handy while managing your projects.

If you have any specific use cases which you would like to go through or any questions linked to SoftwarePlant's PPM app, please do not hesitate to raise them here or contact our Support Team directly by sending an e-mail to: support@softwareplant.com

Either way, we will be happy to approach any inquiries you might have!

Kind Regards,

Piotr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events