What kind of data stored in PLUGINDATA table of confluence database?

Ganesh Gembali July 19, 2012

I keep getting error

mysqldump: Error 2020: Got packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes when dumping table `PLUGINDATA` at row: 27

then I have checked the table and found there is a blob type column there. Just wondering what kind of data gets stored in this blob. Hope it is not any jar file.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

Hi Ganesh,

PLUGINDATA stored the jar files of all installed plugins on Confluence.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

3 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

Hi Ganesh,

The data stored in the PLUGINDATA table is actually the 3rd-party plugins that you install into your instance. However, the error you are receiving for the 'max_allowed_packet' size is related to your MySQL database not allowing a sufficient packet size for the installed plugin and therefore you should increase that by following the instructions in this Knowledge Base article to resolve this issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Exceeds+Max+Allowed+Packet+for+MySQL

All the best,
John

Ganesh Gembali July 19, 2012

Why jar files are being stored in database?

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2012

Its for Confluence clustered environment. To ensure that all the nodes is having the same plugins installed. During the startup process, this JAR files will be intialized to the HOME directory.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
Davet February 27, 2013

This is most probably a mysqldump error. See here http://www.serveridol.com/2010/10/10/mysqldump-error-2020-got-packet-bigger-than-max_allowed_packet-bytes-when-dumping-table/

Finally the real solution is you need to add the “max_allowed_packets” parameter along with the mysqldump. mysqldump is notorious for ignoring this value in my.cnf, but setting it as the command line parameter always works.

#mysqldump -u root -p –max_allowed_packet=512M -B database –tables tblblogdb > dump.sql

I think it’s always better to run large mysqldump from another server from the same network which help to reduce disk resource and cpu power during the peak hours. Here is the one sample,
#$MYSQLDUMP –max_allowed_packet=1G -u $MyUSER -h $MyHOST -p$MyPASS -B $db | bzip2 > $FILE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events