What is the purpose of Default tempo team?

StephanieC March 14, 2016

We have functional teams set up (timesheet approver = team lead)  but the only way we could find  for our tempo admin to see everyone's time was to ALSO put everyone in Default Tempo Team, but now everyones roles are messed up. We have roles defined to correlate to rates. 

We need our Tempo admin to be able to see & edit EVERYONE'S time, but we also need to have separate functional teams whose timesheets are approved by their team lead. 

We also need people to have roles that are based on the rates. there may be two or more different roles on any given team (and we currently have it set up this way)

Should I just add our tempo Admin as a co-team leader on every team?? Can I then delete the Default Tempo team? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Hi Stephanie

If you want your tempo Admin to see other team members time, please add him to the Approve Timesheet Permission for all the teams. For more information please see: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEAMS020/Team+Permissions#TeamPermissions-Approvetimesheet

There is a bug in the roles that will be fixed in Accounts 2.0. Unfortunately I cannot provide a release date for this system plugin version. The role with the highest rate should be used, but it is not. As a workaround you can edit the roles in the default team or delete the default team, after adding the tempo admin to the Approve Timesheet Permission for all the teams.

If you define a team in the team custom field on the issue view, the role will be taken from the team defined. To bulk edit JIRA issues, to show the team value. For more information please see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28Bulk%29+Issues.

Best regards,

Heiða

Tempo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events