What is the key to use for hiding the comment visibility button?

Michael Kuhl April 16, 2018

Hi - I want to hide the comment visibility button on certain projects using the Hide UI Element Script fragment.  What is the key of that element?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2018

Hey @Michael Kuhl

Some elements are not available to tamper with, unfortunately the Comment button is one of them. But for future you can find the key of the element you want by doing the steps below. 

1. Navigate to Add-on's -> Script Fragments 
  2. Enable the Web Location Finder (do this on off hours, everyone can see the change I also prefer to already have a ticket open and refresh the page cause it can be difficult to get to when the Location Finder is enabled.)
  3. Navigate to the comment area in a ticket. When you hover over the blue/redlined box it will give you a larger description of the area.
  4. The areas you can modify are blue with a redline around them. See images below. 

1. Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.47.38 AM.png

2.  Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.54.59 AM.png

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Michael Kuhl April 18, 2018

Thanks @Brittany Wispell!  Not the answer I hoped for, but great job at "teaching me to fish"! 

My use case is that I do not want comments to ever be hidden in certain projects.

It sounds like my two options then are:

1. add some JS with JQuery to the velocity template to hide the button at render time based on my conditions.  
    or
  2. Implement a script listener for comments that flips the comment visibility back to what I want it to be for certain projects.

Sound right?

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Hey @Michael Kuhl

Sorry for the delay in response. Here you go! I found this. 

upload (1).png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events