What is "customfield_10182"

Priyadharsini Natarajan January 12, 2015

Dear Team,

I am trying to upload the bugs from Excel to JIRA and getting the below error. It would be great, if someone answers what this custom field. 

Tue Jan 13 14:34:00 IST 2015 Unable to add testcase ending at rowNumber - 3. Error:Unexpected response code: 400
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10182":"Option id 'null' is not valid"}}
Tue Jan 13 14:34:00 IST 2015 Sample.xlsx imported successfully..!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

JIRA has a variable list of custom fields that you add to the system.  It refers to them by a unique key in the database and if you looked at the physical data, you'd see a line in the table "customfield" that has an id of 10182, the name you've entered for it, the type of field, it's "searcher" and so-on.  But the detail of that is not too important here.

The important bit is that you have a custom field (id 10182) which is configured in your system to have a list of options.  As an example, it might be a select-list called "colour".  You have set the list to "Red, Green, Indigo, Black".

You have now run an import of test cases from excel, and in your spreadsheet, you have a column that you have mapped to "colour".  Some rows in the sheet do not have any of the four options I listed in it.  So JIRA sees "null" and is complaining that "null" is not a valid option for your custom field.

Your best option is just to ensure that the spreadsheet has valid data on every line. 

0 votes
Priyadharsini Natarajan January 13, 2015

Thanks for your quick response Nic. It's really a great explanation. 

I could find out the CustomField_10182 in JIRA tool. It's a drop down which is expecting "Severity" (VALUES = 1-High, 2-Medium, 3-Low). Please refer the screenshot from JIRA attached here 

I have ensure to pass the right value in my EXCEL sheet (Attached here ). But still it's throwing the same error. 

It would be great if you can help me in fixing it. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Have you mapped all the values?

Priyadharsini Natarajan January 14, 2015

Yes. I have mapped all the mandatory fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2015

Not the fields, the values within the fields.

Priyadharsini Natarajan January 14, 2015

Yeah the excel sheet is having values within the fields for all the mandatory fields. There are few optional ones which are empty. Through Inspect Element, i found out that, Customfield_10182 is Severity Drop down. Though i filled the correct values in excel sheet, somehow its not accepting by the ZEPHYR tool.

Sudd January 27, 2016

You have to fill the Exact text from the drop down. For eg. If Severity drop down contains "HIGH" , you need to fill exactly the same text "HIGH"  in your excel sheet.

TRY THIS . IT WORKED FOR ME smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events