What is ScriptRunner Change Monitor?

Esther Strom January 25, 2019

We've just moved to Cloud from on-prem, and I installed ScriptRunner (which we have on-prem) to use some of the workflow post functions.

It appears to have added an icon to my issue screen's icon bar, but all clicking on it does is open a blank panel. I've checked Adaptavist's documentation, and can't find any mention of it.

So, what IS the ScriptRunner Change Monitor? And is there any way to hide it?

scriptRunner.png

2 answers

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

Hi,

I can confirm that you should be able to hide the Change Monitor by disabling issue polling under the settings page.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

Hi Esther,

I can confirm that the Change Monitor is a new feature which we have introduced for Next Gen projects in Jira cloud which provides functionality to check when an issue has been updated by a feature and to provide a dialog pop up stating that the issue may need to be refreshed in order to see the changes as Jira Cloud is asynchronous.

I can confirm that to hide the Change Monitor panel you should click the ... three dots next to it on the screen below the description section and click the link which is called Hide ScriptRunner Change Monitor.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,
Kristian

Esther Strom January 28, 2019

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. That allows me, on a ticket-by-ticket basis, to hide the Change Monitor panel. What I want is, at an administrator level, to be able to hide the sneaker button for all tickets for all users.

I don't get why you'd introduce a new "feature" and provide no documentation or way to turn it off at the admin level. Seems shortsighted.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2019

Hi Esther,

Thank you for your response.

I can con confirm that unfortantetly there is no way to remove this feature as it is required by Jira itself for the next gen project type due to the way that Atlassian have designed next gen projects. 

I can confirm that if you use the standard Jira projects that this button will not be pressent as it only required to appear  in next gen projects.

Regards,

Kristian

Esther Strom January 28, 2019

Kristian, your statement that this button is only visible in next-gen projects is incorrect. Maybe that's what's *supposed* to be true, but all of our projects are classic projects, and we see the button.

Like Brenda Blanco likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2019

Hi Esther,

I apologize but I gave you incorrect information in my last response as I  have just checked with the developers and they have confirmed that the change monitor panel will appear on all project types in Jira Cloud.

As previously stated this cannot be hidden on all issues as it is required by Atlassian to provide the functionality to check when an issue has been updated by a feature and to provide a dialog pop up stating that the issue may need to be refreshed in order to see the changes as Jira Cloud is asynchronous.

Regards,
Kristian

Karl Friberg February 27, 2019

Hi Adaptavist,

as Esther, I would very much want an admin setting to hide this section on the issue view by default, and only show it when the user wants to see it, since it affects the performance for all users on every issue they open.

Nate Dame October 3, 2019

+1 here - any luck Adaptavist?

Jacin Ferreira November 11, 2019

+1 Also.  In the middle of evaluating a migration from Server to Cloud and I think that this field will just confuse users.

Need a way to hide this.

Jeanne Howe November 19, 2019

+1 Why would you have a Next-Gen project feature on a Classic project

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2019

Hi All,

I can confirm that I have spoken to the developers about this issue and they have confirmed that if you toggle off the Issue Polling Notifications on the ScriptRunner settings page, that it will disable the change monitor for all projects.

Regards,

Kristian

Nate Dame November 20, 2019

Hi Kristian,

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case.

I've disabled that setting: https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuyw6W7

But the Change Monitor section still appears: https://share.getcloudapp.com/bLupnyBQ

Thank you,
Nate

Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

Hi Nate,

Disabling the setting should have removed the Change Monitor globally, but there is currently a bug that we're working on a fix for now.

Thanks,
Jon

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2019

Hi Nate,

I have been informed by the development team that this bug should now be fixed and that you should be  able to hide the Change Monitor by disbaling issue polling. 

Regards,

Kristian

Nate Dame December 11, 2019

Hi Kristian,

That seems to have done it, thank you!

I suggest you create a new reply to the original question in this thread so users have a clear, direct answer if they find this thread in the future :)

Best,
Nate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events