What does archived projects mean?

I have too many issues in my active projects to use Gannt On Demand. If I select a project for archive does this do something in the JIRA backend to the project (like lock it) or does it only impact what projects are searched?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Jessvin,

Archiving does not affects anything on your JIRA instance. It only removes selected projects from all API calls so they are invisible for the Gantt OnDemand plugin. Selected projects will become inactive and de-selected are the ones you can work with.

Also, you can change your choice at anytime. I hope it is now all clear!

thanks! If anyone is taking feedback, archiving is probably a poor choice of words to explain this function. Filter would be better.

Thanks for your feedback. We had been suggested about that wording change before so maybe it is the right thing to do indeed.

Is it possible to add a configuration to ignore all issues/tickets older than X date? We have 20+ projects but only 3 or 4 are customer facing. Our main project is sitting at 2000 tickets though and will soon be over the 4k hard-limit. If the main project reaches 4k issues, then wouldn't we only be able to look at issues within that project? Or perhaps you could add Saved Filters, so that only specific tickets from the 4k+ projects appear?

Hi Greg,

You can create custon JQL query and add it to configuration to remove any issues you want from rendering globally, which will work together with your filtering setup.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

2,050 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you