What does archived projects mean?

JessvinT April 16, 2014

I have too many issues in my active projects to use Gannt On Demand. If I select a project for archive does this do something in the JIRA backend to the project (like lock it) or does it only impact what projects are searched?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Hi Jessvin,

Archiving does not affects anything on your JIRA instance. It only removes selected projects from all API calls so they are invisible for the Gantt OnDemand plugin. Selected projects will become inactive and de-selected are the ones you can work with.

Also, you can change your choice at anytime. I hope it is now all clear!

JessvinT April 23, 2014

thanks! If anyone is taking feedback, archiving is probably a poor choice of words to explain this function. Filter would be better.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. We had been suggested about that wording change before so maybe it is the right thing to do indeed.

0 votes
Greg Pienkowski August 19, 2014

Is it possible to add a configuration to ignore all issues/tickets older than X date? We have 20+ projects but only 3 or 4 are customer facing. Our main project is sitting at 2000 tickets though and will soon be over the 4k hard-limit. If the main project reaches 4k issues, then wouldn't we only be able to look at issues within that project? Or perhaps you could add Saved Filters, so that only specific tickets from the 4k+ projects appear?

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014

Hi Greg,

You can create custon JQL query and add it to configuration to remove any issues you want from rendering globally, which will work together with your filtering setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events