What are the system requirements for Script Runner?

Joe Detjen March 26, 2015

I have been searching for a plugin to help customize my organization's JIRA workflows, and Script Runner has caught my attention.  In my reading, it looks like I am required to have the JIRA SDK and access to the Atlassian Maven repository via internet.  Is this the case?  My system cannot be connected to the internet, so if that is a requirement I can't use Script Runner.  Right?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

No, you don't need any of that. It can be helpful to have that but there is certainly no requirement for it.

All you need is a browser. An IDE is the next step but is not required.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2015

Yup, install it, and use it. No IDE, no SDK, not even an internet connection For short, easy scripts, the text boxes in the admin interfaces are fine, and for medium or straightforward ones, I work in whatever text editor I have to hand, simply for screen size. Complex scripts, or when I'm on unfamiliar territory, I reach for an IDE because it can help me with importing libraries, code highlighting and so on. But you don't *need* it.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Upvote. Oh, you can't upvote comments. BTW, in the latest or next release or something you can press F11 in any of the code editor boxes for full screen editing.

0 votes
Joe Detjen March 27, 2015

Thank you for the clarification. I look forward to taking it for a spin. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events