What are the changes be done to a atlassian add-on running in server to be enabled as a cloud?

Nethmi Lamesha June 19, 2017

I have a atlassian add-on which was running in the server. I want it to be enabled as a cloud too. What are the changes should be applied for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

You'll need to re-write it as a Connect add-on for Cloud.

The two types of add-on are structurally very very different, it's not just a few changes here and there, you will need to migrate your logic into a completely different framework.

Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/index.html and expect to change the way you store data, implement the interface and probably the language your logic is written in.

Nethmi Lamesha June 20, 2017

Can you explain about the structurally different changes of the two add-ons? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

A "type 2" add-on runs code within JIRA, as though it is part of JIRA. 

Connect add-ons are web applications. Connect add-ons operate remotely over HTTP and can be written with any programming language and web framework.

Nethmi Lamesha June 20, 2017

Thanks Nic. We have developed a JIRA addon using Plugins2 framework which generates a JAR file with java API. Is there any easy way to convert it to the connect add-on? Is there any common way which configure both plugin2 add-on and connect add-on ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2017

As I said before, the two types of add-on are structurally very very different.  One is an add-on that runs inside JIRA, the other is a web-application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events