Weird error transitioing issue programmatically

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi All,

Am getting a weird error from validationResult in a tiny scriptrunner script listener i am writing to transtion issue in project A if linked issue in Project B transitioned.

the error message is "

2017-12-01 17:53:55,369 ERROR [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: startProgress true 2017-12-01 17:53:55,371 ERROR [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: Errors: {} Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Start Progress) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (CTT-91). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]" 

while the transition is actually available and doable from the UI. ie. start progress is available.

I am not sure what is wrong here and the error is not descriptive enough as to why it is failing.

here is the code

if (event.eventTypeId.equals(EventType.ISSUE_RESOLVED_ID) && startProgress) {
TransitionValidationResult validationResult = issueService.validateTransition(user, it.getId(), 71, issueInputParameters)
if (validationResult.isValid()){
issueService.transition(user, validationResult)
}
}

startProgress is a boolean flag that indicates whether in fact that start progress action is available from the current status. which it is in this case.

thanks for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Ooops..my actionId was wrong. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events