We are also getting user specific error while cloning. How to resolve them?

m January 7, 2015

We are also getting user specific error while cloning. like... - Assignee=user 'XXXX' does not exist. - Reporter=The reporter specified is not a use. - Exception: An Exception occurred while cloning the issues corresponding to the specified user.

Screen Shots

image2015-1-7 16:38:46.png

image2015-1-7 16:39:46.png

image2015-1-7 16:40:26.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Hi,

This might mean that the Reporter or the Assignee of the source Issue was Removed or disabled from The jira-users group. Can you check if the Reporter or the Assignee of that issue exists in JIRA or if it is disabled?

Richard Caton March 4, 2015

We are getting the same problem.  Our users definitely exist and have not been disabled or removed.  However the name shown in the error message doesn't correspond correctly to our usernames.  For instance, when we get the following error:

Errors: {reporter=The reporter specified is not a user., assignee=User 'matthew' does not exist.} Error Messages: []

The issues are assigned to me, however my display name is "Matthew Faupel" and my login id is matthewf, neither of which corresponds to "matthew".  Note that the issues display correctly within JIRA and "matthew" has never been a valid login name for the system.  I'm wondering whether it's somehow going wrong because of the space in the display name?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events