Watchers field doesn't appear on the create screen

Daniel Petzen March 2, 2016

Hello

I've configured the Watchers field to appear on the create screen. The permissions and schemes are all configured to show the field, but it's still not appearing (I've doubled checked Add watchers in the Issue creation screen for instance).

Is there anything in addition to the standard configuration steps that I need to take for the Watchers field?

Does the create screen require me to do anything specific for that screen?

Is this a know problem?

I'm using JIRA 6.4.1 and version 2.6.0 of JIRA Watcher Field.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

3 answers

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

You should re-index your instance

Daniel Petzen March 3, 2016

Yes, I just spotted that. I'm going to test it now.

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

D'oh!

I just spotted step 5 in the link you (and I myself!) linked.

OK, let me test this on their test environment.

I've re-indexed and got my hopes up, but still no Watchers field.

The good news is that I managed to find the "Where is my field?". I forgot that it was hidden under the Configure Fields at the top right corner. Sorry, my bad.

The problem is that "Where is my field?" agrees with me - I've done everything I need to do and the Watchers field should be on the create screen.

The problem is that it's not.

I made a nice snapshot, but I get the very elaborate "HTTP Error" when trying to attach it (who writes these error messages?).

Any more ideas?

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

If you are an admin you have an option "where is my field". Type the name of desired field and you will see what is wrong.

Daniel Petzen March 2, 2016

Hi Michal

I couldn't find that the "Where is my field" on the Create Issue screen. I can find it on the view screen, edit screen etc.

The customer explicitly wants it on the create screen, though. It works fine on the other screens.

Cheers,
  Dan

Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events