Was does calculated field result not show result on filter screen?

Jenny Bellas March 10, 2015

I have a calculated number field called EAC (estimate at completion) with script:

Double eac
if (issue.estimate) {
    if (issue.timespent) {
        eac = ((issue.timespent + issue.estimate) / 3600)
    }
    else {
        eac = issue.estimate / 3600
    }
}
else {
    return 0 as Double 
}
return eac

This calculated column returns the correct value on the view issue screen, but has a blank value on the filter issue screen if the calculation is eac = ((issue.timespent + issue.estimate) / 3600). I think it has something to do with issue.timespent but am unsure how to correct this, especially since it displays correctly on the individual issue. Thanks for the help!!

screen-print-1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jenny Bellas March 11, 2015

Hi Jozef - Thanks for your response. I had made sure to re-index. I was able to fix the issue though. It did end up having to do with the issue.timespent value. I change my code so those referenced issue.getTimeSpent() instead and everything worked perfectly after that! Code that works is copied below.

Double eac
if (issue.estimate != null) {
    if (issue.getTimeSpent() != null) {
        eac = ((issue.getTimeSpent() + issue.estimate) / 3600)
    }
    else {
        eac = issue.estimate / 3600
    }
}
else {
    return 0 as Double
}
return eac
0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Are you sure that all your issues were re-indexed? Values shown in navigator are actually read from lucene index, not calculated immediately as in issue view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events