Warning when attempting to leave page or refresh page before saving contents of Test Step fields are saved

ErikB April 5, 2013

Currently, if you enter information in a new Test Step field but do not click the Add/Update button to save changes, then navigate away from the page or reload the page, you are not prompted to confirm you wish to leave before saving contents.

I am using the latest Firefox browser, so perhaps this works in others. It would be great to trigger one of those popup confirmation dialogs warning of unsaved changes as a reminder, to not lose information.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the steps. We were able to confrim this and are going to submit it for a bug. I get the same behavoir in FireFox 20.0 and Chrome.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013

Hi ErikB,

What are the exact steps you are taking in order to not get the popup? What buttons are you selecting? I am asking you this becuase I too added new information to a test step, did not click 'Add', and attempted to navigate away from the page with out saving. I did get a popup notifying me of unsaved data and if I wanted to continue. I tested this out in both Chrome and FireFox and both were successful. Currently I am running Chrome 26.0.1410.43 m and FireFox 20.0.

Kind Regards,

Emily

ErikB April 7, 2013

Hi Emily-

I didn't realize this was more of a corner case, apologies for not including more specific steps to reproduce. Here you go:

* Go to an existing test issue that has existing test steps

* Enter data in the empty test step text area field

* Click on an existing test step field with data in it (i.e. to copy & paste into the new test step)

* Click "Return to Results" link (if you arrived via search) or any other nav link

* You will not be prompted

This is in Firefox 19.0.2 where I see this behavior.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events