Want to order projects as per category on my board

Stu January 11, 2018

Hi, I have a scrum of scrum boards, it displays project epics, and has swimlanes as per project. 

I want to have it ordered or sorted by project category. I don't seem to be able to do this.  Can someone confirm if this is possible?

If not, can you confirm how i would do this with a different method?  I run a program of 40-50 projects, these projects come from two different offices, so on my program scrum of scrum boards, I want them sorted per office.  So all of office 1's projects, then office two, etc. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2018

Hmm.  It's going to be quite clunky, whatever you do.  The problem is that a board is a view of a filter, and your config can't easily reflect a set of issues in categories directly.

Using "sort by category" in your board filter would start to fix it, but the sort applies to issues, not projects, so you'd lose any ranking and when you put in a project swimlane, that will override the sort and make it irrelevant.

I can think of two ways to improve it a bit:

1.  Rename or re-key your projects so they effectively have the category name at the front.  (A variation if you have an add-on like ScriptRunner might be a scripted field which calculates a combined value)

2.  The clunky, but just-about-there option - build manual swimlanes.  Swimlane 1 would have "Category X, project 1", 2 would be "Category Y, project 2" and so-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events