WTP - I need validate that "Create" action isn't launched if a cascade selection customfield hasn't the right value

Begoña Bonet June 30, 2014

In https://bitbucket.org/fcarmario/jira-workflow-toolbox/wiki/others/ParserI have read:

Text-String: this type of data represents any kind of text or character string. Any field type or data type is susceptible of being transformed to text, so any field can be referenced as a text-string value using the following notation: %{nnnnn}, and %{nnnnn.i} for Cascading Select or Multi-Cascading Select fields, where i is the index that represents the level to be accessed. (i = 0 is used for base level).

My scenario is:

1.- I have a issue type INCIDENCIA.
2.- I have a custom field of Cascading Select type named "Área/Subárea".
3.- The correct values for "Área/Subárea" area:
Servicios No Planificables/Incidencias
Servicios No Planificables/Servicios
Servicios No Planificables/Cambios
Proyectos/Proyectos menores

4.- I need to validate that an issue of "INCIDENCIA" issue type can't be created if "Área/Subárea" is not equal to "Servicios No Planificables/Incidencias"

5.- I have defined in INCIDENCIAS workflow, in Create action the following validator:

If parsed text "#Área/Subárea#" matches the following parsed regular expression: (#Área/Subárea.1#="Incidencias"). Message to show when validation fails: Por favor, seleccione la categoría correspondiente a las incidencias.

To do this I have included in the validator definition the following condition:

{%11300.1}="Incidencias"

But allways, when I try to create an issue of type INCIDENCIAS, the error message defined in the validator appears. It doesn't matter if Área/Subárea has de rigth value.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Hi,

I have answered you in JIRA Workflow Toolbox Help Forum since you have posted the same question there.

Regards,

Fidel

0 votes
Begoña Bonet June 30, 2014

Thanks a lot! It has worked!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events