ViewTracker REST API returns 404

Bernard Horan August 6, 2018

Hi, I seem unable to get any response from the ViewTracker REST API. I've tried most of the examples. When I try

https://confluence.foo.com/rest/viewtracker/1.0/report/contents

I receive

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<status>
<status-code>404</status-code>
<message>null for uri: https://confluence.foo.com/rest/viewtracker/1.0/report/contents</message>
</status>

Other Confluence REST API calls to addons work fine, for example, Comalatech workflow:

https://confluence.foo.com/rest/cw/1/content/6488714/status?expand=states,approvals,actions,tasks

I can't see anything in the settings for the Viewtracker that indicate a permissions issue, so I'm a bit stuck.

Help!

thanks

Bernard

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oliver Straesser August 6, 2018

Hi Bernard 

Oli from bitvoodoo here, which version of our add-on are you using, because we changed the API paths and the documentation is maybe not up to date.

Thanks 

Oli

Bernard Horan August 7, 2018

Hi Oli

thanks for getting back to me.

version 5.1.8 (eadf93e). 

best wishes

Bernard

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Hi @Bernard Horan

If you stay with Viewtracker version 5.1.8 user this REST Endpoint instead: https://confluence.foo.com/rest/viewtracker/1.0/reporting/most-active/contents.json

We changed REST API with the newest version of Viewtracker. Only if you update to Viewtracker 5.3.x use /rest/viewtracker/1.0/report/contents.

We are currently reworking our documentation to contain information for REST API regarding to individual versions. I apologise if we caused confusion. :)

Cheers
Niklas

Hi Niklas

thanks for the clarification. Could you let me know what the corresponding calls are for the remaining REST APIs and their parameters? I.e. 

/report/contents/{contentId}/timeline
/report/contents/{contentId}/visits
/report/contents/{contentId}/visits/total
/report/users
/report/spaces
/report/spaces/timeline
/report/spaces/visits/total

many thanks

Bernard

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Hi again @Bernard Horan

I recommend updating to Viewtracker 5.3.x so you can use the new API Endpoints  used in Viewtracker.

Would that be possible?

Cheers
Niklas

Hi again Niklas

we're currently on the latest version of Viewtracker that is compatible with our Confluence version. We plan to upgrade Confluence later this year, but it will be a few months yet.

thanks

Bernard

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2018

Ah okay, I understand.

These endpoints are available to you:

/reporting/timeline/
/reporting/contents/{contentId}/timeline/
/reporting/most-active/users/
/reporting/most-active/contents/
/reporting/most-active/spaces/
/reporting/most-active/authors/
/reporting/views/{contentId}/
/reporting/views/{contentId}/total/
/reporting/count

Keep in mind if you update to a new Viewtracker Version they change and follow our current documentation.

Legacy documentation will be available soon.

Cheers
Niklas

Bernard Horan August 9, 2018

Hi Niklas

thanks so much for this. Could you let me know if the parameters to these endpoints match those in your later (documented) release?

Cheers

Bernard

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2018

Hi @Bernard Horan

Most parameters are available.

To explore and Test available REST endpoints I can recommend the add-on Atlassian REST API Browser. Best try it in a test instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events