ViewTracker Macro Migration in progress error

Shirley He September 13, 2018

When the ViewTracker macro is inserted onto a page, the following error is shown instead:

"Migration in progress...

Viewtracker is currently upgrading your data for the new plugin version. Please be patient.

We migrated already 465,330 visits, if this number does not increase please contact your Confluence Administrator to check the Viewtracker migration"

Last I checked, the number of migrated visits was increasing. The error had a link on the words "Viewtracker migration" but it led to a page that does not exist,

Is there any way to fix this problem? Is an update necessary?

1 answer

1 vote
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2018

Hi Shirley, 

I found this in ViewTracker's Documentation regarding issues with the data migration: https://wiki.bitvoodoo.ch/display/public/BVVIEWTRACKER/Issues+with+the+Viewtracker+data+migration+-+What+can+I+do

You might try running the migration again using one of the 2 methods they suggest, however you're still experiencing issues with the migration, please engage with the Vendor BitVoodoo as they'll be able to help further investigate issues with their App. 

-Shawn

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

Hey @Shirley He

Did you update from a Viewtracker before Viewtracker 4? In this case the Viewtracker data must be migrated to a new format inside the database, this is the process described by the messages you are experiencing. You can view the current migration status in the Viewtracker administration (General Configuration > Viewtracker > Data Migration Tab).

If the step in the FAQ @Shawn C linked do not help

• please contact us at support.bitvoodoo.ch
  • send us a Support ZIP of your Confluence
  • and a screenshot of the Data Migration Tab in the Viewtracker Administration 

Best Regards
Niklas

Shirley He September 18, 2018

Hi Niklas,

When I checked the Data Migration Tab I found the following:

Viewtracker1.PNG

Currently the confluence instance I am administering is running version 5.1.8. I think the previous Jira Admin updated it from the free version (3.2.2) so that viewtracker would still be compatible after the confluence instance got updated to version 6.

When I click the button below I am sent to the following page:
Viewtracker2.PNG

Data migration is supposed to be running, so I don't understand why this page would say that no task is in progress. What should I do in this situation? And, is data migration from a version of viewtracker that is before version 4 take a very long time?

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2018

Hi @Shirley He 

Are you going to upgrade to a supported Confluence version soon? If yes I recommend resetting the data migration and starting it again after updating Viewtracker to Version 5.3.3 or higher.

In this version we rebuild the Migration process to run a lot faster. In large instances with many pages it really can take up some time to migrate all views, with Viewtracker 5.3.3 the process is streamlined to handle large instances in a efficient way.

If you need further assistance I recommend contacting us directly at support.bitvoodoo.ch

Best Regards
Niklas

Shirley He September 19, 2018

Hi Niklas,

The Confluence instance has already been updated to version 6.7.2. I installed the newest version of ViewTracker, and I now receive this message:

viewtracker3.PNGWhen I click on Show Progress, it shows me the "no long running task" page again. I want to try and see if disabling or uninstalling and re-installing viewtracker would get it working again, but I'm worried that will cause a loss of gathered data. Can you confirm if this could possibly happen?

Thanks
Shirley

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2018

Hey @Shirley He

Uninstalling Viewtracker will cause no data loss since the views stay in the database. No worries on that.

To reset the migration completely please follow step 2 from this page: in https://wiki.bitvoodoo.ch/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=80740454

If it still doesn't work please contact our support:

• please contact us at support.bitvoodoo.ch
  • send us a Support ZIP of your Confluence
  • and a screenshot of the Data Migration Tab in the Viewtracker Administration 

Regards
Niklas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events