Using with Surefire and Failsafe Plugins

Yahcin Kultgen August 29, 2017

Hi,

I was following this tutorial https://confluence.atlassian.com/clover/using-with-surefire-and-failsafe-plugins-294489218.html to genrate Clover combined report for unit tests and Test NG tests. But the report only shows numbers of the failed tests instead of code coverage. Is there a way I can generate a combined code coverage report? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Are you sure you're looking at the right report file ? Clover one should be located (assuming the default location) in a target/site/clover 

Have you called clover:clover  goal? This is the Maven MOJO responsible for producing reports. 

Yahcin Kultgen August 30, 2017

Thank you for the reply. In order to generate integration tests coverage report, I had to deploy the clover.war to another server and run clover instrument. I was able to do it through IntelliJ IDEA by setting up two tomcat servers.

Now I have to integrate this with Bamboo. Is there any tutorials? Thank you.

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Well.. There are general tutorials on using Clover:

But I don't think there is any specific tutorial refering to two Tomcat servers. General use Clover use case is to:

* instrument source code
* compile the instrumented source
* run instrumented code 
* generate report out of produced artifatcs

I generally, don't recommend instrumenting the same code twice for different set of tests becasue you'll have to manage the Clover database for generating report. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events