Using the JIRA CLI getUserList function with a regex

AJ July 25, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to get a filtered user list with JIRA CLI. My goal is to get all users without "@mycompany.com" in the username.

I succeed to run the command line with the --name "@all" argument:

--action getUserList --name "@all"

So, I added a regular expression to filter the results:

--action getUserList --name "@all" --regex "^[^@]*$"

Unfortunately, it returned all the users (included the users with @mycompany.com in their username).

I'm wondering if the regular expression applies on username only or on all the user metadata (e.g. username, full name, email) ?

I'm using JIRA Core 7.4.1 with JIRA CLI 6.8.0.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

I'm not sure if the regex is being applied to just username or the full meta data.   But I don't think your regex will return the results you want here.   I was playing with some sample data on Regexr and I think I came up with a regex that should be able to return a list of users, minus the ones at @mycompany.com

Try this out for the regex part:

(?!\b.*@mycompany\.com\b)(\b.*@.*\..*\b)

This uses a negative lookahead function.  First it's looking to match the first anything@mycompany.com and those results are discarded outright.   From there it's just trying to find any valid email address that follows the format of username@domain.tld

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events