Using baseline in WBS-Gantt-Chart for JIRA

Henrik Rikard January 3, 2018

Hey,

I am using version WBS Gannt Chart 9.3.1.4 on JIRA server  version 7.3.0 and so far I have not succeeded in using baselining in my projects.

I right click any issue in my project and see that the "Baseline" menu line is dimmed in grey.

Is there some configuration I have missed?

Best Regards

Henrik Rikard

1 answer

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hi, You must enter the Start date and End date on the WBS Gantt chart to enable the "Baseline" function in the menu.

If you require further assistance with this issue I'd recommend raising a support request, One of our support engineers will be happy to help you.

Ricksoft service Desk 

Best regards,

Levi Lerner July 8, 2021

Why can't I see the baselined date in the added Baseline Start and Baseline End columns? I was able to baseline the tasks by having a start and end date in all of them, I can see the baseline when I check the baseline View Gantt chart as a slim grey line, but I can't see the dates in the Baseline Start or End colmns

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hello @Levi Lerner ,

How did you enter a start and end date? What happens if you directly enter the dates on Baseline Start and Baseline End columns?

1. Go to Gannt Configuration > Column
  2. Add Baseline start date (WBSGantt) and Baseline finish date (WBSGantt)
    スクリーンショット 2021-07-09 11.29.07.png
  3. Make the field editable on the Gantt Chart.スクリーンショット 2021-07-09 11.30.32.png

4. Then enter the dates directly into the columns.
    スクリーンショット 2021-07-09 11.32.26.png

Levi Lerner July 9, 2021

That's the thing, I don't want to enter that in manually, the idea is to baseline the project and have these auto-populate (at least for the tasks you want to baseline) that way the baseline field is locked. Then when you change the start or end date, the baseline doesn't change. This is a workaround that will work if you are only baselining a task here or there, if I want to baseline the entire project, I would have to enter these dates in twice for each task (one for baseline and one for actual). 

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2021

So you want to auto-populate the baseline Start/Finish dates when you enter them on Jira instance, is it correct? Do you have baseline Start/Finish custom field on create/edit/view issue screen on Jira?

If so, can you check if these fields correctly match with WBS Gantt-Chart issue view configuration?

Gantt configuration > Issue view > Baseline

スクリーンショット 2021-07-12 9.59.59.png

Levi Lerner July 12, 2021

Thanks, I'm not getting the same view :( I'm using Jira Cloud

Screenshot 2021-07-12 100448.png

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

Oh, I thought you were using Jira server! If you want to synchronize Jira fields and WBS Gantt-Chart columns, then you need to set Jira custom field for these Start/Finish dates.

You can also convert the data that currently WBS Gantt-Chart has to Jira's custom fields data.

Please refer to the following document for the configuration.

How to convert app's own data to Jira issue link/field

Levi Lerner July 13, 2021

Thank you!

Like Hikaru likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events