Using Script Runner post-function to change the reporter of a sub-task to current user

Hello,

We have a transition that creates a subtask using a built-in script post-function. However on creation the subtask's reporter is the same as the parent issue when we need it to be the current user. I've done a fair bit of searching and have found a plugin that might resolve this but I'm sure theres a way of using script runner to do this as well. Can anyone help?

Update:

I attempted putting this in "additional actions" however it just caused the sub-task creation to fail:

"issue.reporterid = currentUser"

Thanks,

Graham

1 answer

1 accepted

I think you should add the following in additional actions

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
issue.reporterId = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getName();

Thanks Kostas. That worked a treat!

You are welcome.

Cheers

FYI. We have been using the original script in this answer for a while with great success, but it no longer works after our upgrade to JIRA 7.1.2.

We are now using:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def currentAppUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

issue.setReporter(currentAppUser);

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

818 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you