Using JMWE to add a comment in a Jira Service Desk issue

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

Can I use JMWE Comment Issue postfunction to add a comment in a JSD issue so the customer can see it?

I would like to automatically add a comment when the agent makes a transition so the customer can be aware of the change of the request.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

Absolutely. But only with JMWE 4.0.0+, and thus only on JIRA 6.4 and above. 

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2015

How can I mark the comment public or internal?

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2015

By default, a comment will be public. If you want to restrict it to "internal", you will need to check the "Restrict to Internal" checkbox.

Like Stefan Eyerich likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events