Using JIRA Ultimate Role Tracking & Estimation - How to See Time Spent by Role

Alex Araujo April 4, 2017

Is there a way to see the "Time Spent" by Role using the built in Jira Query Search Capability?  I am able to include the column "Time Tracking by Roles" which shows me the "Original" and "Remaining" hours, but not "Time Spent".

Time Tracking by Role.png

I am aware that I can use the Estimation Accuracy Report (By Roles) and Estimations Report (By Roles) reports, but I'd like to customize the results. For example include Role, Sprint and other fields that may be of interest to my team and I.  

Having the ability to see Time Spent by Role in the Issue Navigator view would solve my issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,

-Alex

2 answers

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2017

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay. We have added a column view for the log work CF.

If you go on and add the "Log Work (By Roles)" field or whatever you have named it while setting up the plugin, you will be able to see the times logged per role in each of the issues.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Alex Araujo April 28, 2017

Abhinav - This is excellent news.  I will try this new functionality and let you know if I have any feedback.  Appreciate the response!

-Alex

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

Hi Alex,

We hope that the functionallity is working well for you. If you are satisfied, please accept the answer. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Alex Araujo October 18, 2017

Hello Abhinav - The functionality has been working great.

I did notice that the "Log Work (by Roles)" field is not exported to .csv or to Excel.  Can you let me know if this is a bug that you are currently looking into.

Thanks again.

-Alex

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2017

Hi Alex,

What you see in the search section in column views are the custom fields. Our other two custom field store role values, and so can be sued to display those values.

On the other hand, the time spent by role custom field doesn't store any value against the issue, instead it is just a medium to log work and store worklog id against a role in the database.

This is the reason you don't see it in the search issue section. 

We understand your requirement, and we will try to see what we can do and if possible we will try to come up with a solution/work around for this soon.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events