Using Bamboo iOS, Cocoa and Xcode Support in Remote Agent

romapires May 30, 2012

I'm trying to configure my companies Bamboo server to use a remote agent on a Mac to build our iOS products.

I was able to successfuly build using this plugin on a temporary bamboo server installed on the Mac machine that's available to me, now I'm trying to make it via a remote agent.

So far I've configured the remote agent to have an iOS capability and I've run it in from the Bamboo server.

Sadly I've received this error

error	31-May-2012 12:41:48	Could not execute task 'Build' no Plugin with key 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.xcode.bamboo-xcode-plugin:xcodeTaskType' is installed.

I've placed bamboo-xcode-plugin-1.1.jar in the agent's lib folder (next to the wrapper.jar);
I've added the JAR's path to wrapper.java.classpath.3.;
I've configured the iOS 5.1 capability manualy in bamboo-capabilities.properties, and it shows in the Bamboo Server list of executables

I didn't disable the auto capability detection (-Ddisable_agent_auto_capability_detection=false);

Is there anything else I have to do to make the remote agent aware of the plugin? Is the plugin simple not compatible with Remote Agent?

EDIT:
Forgot to mention this
Bamboo Version Information

Version 4.0.1
Build Number 2907
Build Date 12-04-2012

Remote agent JAR downloaded from the Bamboo Server

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2012

I don't think you need to do anything on agent side. Once you install the plugin on the server and configure the capability on the agent via admin pages, it should just work.

romapires May 31, 2012

I tried removing all the configuration I've mentioned from the agent.
Added the "XCode SDK" executable to the Agent via Server Admin pages.
Got the exact same results...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events