Using 3rd party plugin Documents from StonikByte, how can I add some data from it to my dashboard as a gadget?

Robert Melenyk November 7, 2013

I have a requirement to display some of the Documents info in the grid on the Dashboard. From what I can tell, Documents doesn't have any gadget support so nothing can be added to the Dashboard. I would like to display just a simple gadget that shows the the most recently updated files, by name and date.

Can this be done?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

A new gadget (New and Recently Updated Documents) has been added in versions 3.4.0 (for JIRA 6.x) and 2.5.0 (for JIRA 5.x) released on January 20, 2014.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

We are going to add a gadget (that displays recently updated and/or recently created documents for a specific project) in the next version, which we plan to release it in the second part of December.

The request is also tracked in the BitBucket repository of the add-on: https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/documents-add-on/issue/33/gadget-for-displaying-last-updated

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2013

Hi Robb,

This would be definetly a nice feature. Thanks for your idea. I will add it to our TO DO list and then we will decide its priority. I cannot provide an ETA at this time.

But I think that your request can be filled (at least partially) with the Activity Stream gadget. All you have to do is to add the Activity Stream gadget to your JIRA dashboard and configure it to show "JIRA - Documents" posts. This way you will have in your dashboard details about the last activity on documents. See also https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/documents-add-on/wiki/330#!activity-stream-posting

Let me know if this works for you.

Danut.

Robert Melenyk November 7, 2013

That activity stream is functional as it shows changes to the data but users would like to also be able to click on the changed documents from the stream. I don't think this is provided in the Documents, that i've seen...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events