User renaming feature wont find old users anymore

Ethan Bonick March 14, 2013

I am using the user rename feature to move users imported from one AD directory to another AD directory. The issue is our company has been purchased and we have to migrate all systems and authenitcation to their network. The user names don't match so I tested initially with my user, but now that a full reindex and a few reboots have gone by the plugin no longer can find the old users. I've verified they still exist by running a script to search the cwd_user table.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ethan Bonick March 17, 2013

I deleted old user directory too quickly. I figured it out after a while. I reimported the test db and will leave the old directory in place until all users have been migrated.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2013

Moving users between directories was never supported, simply renaming them was, or merging. If you have to move a load of users wholesale, I'd advise you to wait until jira 6 is released (probably 4-6 weeks) away, as renaming users will be available out of the box.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2013

And to add to what Jamie said, renaming is supported only for internal and delegated users, AFAIU. Not for AD connector.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2013

Hey Ethan,

Is the old user directory still enabled?

Cheers,
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events